Wanless Tennis House League 2018
Wanless Tennis offers co-ed doubles House Leagues throughout the season. Wednesday, Sunday and Thursday Evening House Leagues will be held in the spring, summer and fall. Daytime House League is held Tuesday afternoons in the spring and fall.
House League playing hours will be as follows:
- Wednesday Evening – 8 PM to 9 PM (3.5-4.0), 9 PM to 10 PM (4.0+)
- Thursday Evening – 8 PM to 9 PM (2.0-3.0)
- Sunday Evening – 7 PM to 8 PM (3.5-4.0), 8 PM to 9 PM (4.0+)
- Tuesday Daytime – 1 PM to 2 PM (2.0-3.0), 2 PM to 3 PM (3.5+)
The schedule for 2018 is as follows:
- The Spring Wednesday Evening League runs from April 11 – June 13
- The Spring Thursday Evening League runs from April 12 – June 14
- The Spring Sunday Evening League runs from April 15 – June 17
- The Spring Tuesday Daytime League runs from April 24 – June 19
- The Summer Wednesday Evening League runs from June 20 – August 22
- The Summer Thursday Evening League runs from June 21 – August 23
- The Summer Sunday Evening League runs from June 24 – August 26
- The Fall Wednesday Evening League runs from August 29 – October 24
- The Fall Thursday Evening League runs from August 30 – October 25
- The Fall Sunday Evening League runs from September 2 – October 29
- The Fall Tuesday Daytime League runs from September 4 – October 30
Team doubles matches are scheduled each week for 8 to 10 consecutive weeks during each season. A match consists of 14 doubles games or one hour whichever comes first. A single point will be credited to your team for each game won and will be accumulated towards a seasonal team score. Prizes will be given out to the members of the winning team at the conclusion of each league. Participants should expect to play at least 4 or 5 of their team’s matches.
Players shall self-rate themselves using the Tennis Canada rating system based on their Serve and Backhand ability. Please be realistic about your level.
Joining a team is a commitment as your House League peers expect you to be present at scheduled matches or find a substitute for yourself from the list of players not assigned to a team. If you require a spare to take your place please use this form to submit a spare request.
To get the weekly results, as well as information and links to registration, see the House League topic on our member forums.