Wanless Tennis House League 2017
Wanless Tennis offers co-ed doubles House Leagues throughout the season. This year, Wanless will be tweaking the format a bit and introducing an Evening House League on Thursdays (for 2.0-3.0 level). Wednesday Evening House League will be for 3.5+ level.
Both Wednesday and Thursday Evening House Leagues will be held in the spring, summer and fall. Sunday Advanced Evening House League (3.5+) will have a new time due to Sunday public hours and will be held in the spring and fall. Daytime House League is held Tuesday afternoons in the spring, summer and fall.
House League playing hours will be as follows:
- Wednesday Evening – 8 PM to 9 PM (3.5-4.0), 9 PM to 10 PM (4.0+)
- Thursday Evening – 8 PM to 9 PM (2.0-3.0)
- Sunday Evening – 7 PM to 8 PM (3.5-4.0), 8 PM to 9 PM (4.0+)
- Tuesday Daytime – 1 PM to 2 PM (2.0-3.0), 2 PM to 3 PM (3.5+)
The schedule for 2017 is as follows:
- The Spring Wednesday Evening League runs from Apr 12th – Jun 14th
- The Spring Thursday Evening League runs from Apr 13th – Jun 15th
- The Spring Sunday Evening League runs from Apr 23rd – Jun 25th
- The Spring Tuesday Daytime League runs from Apr 11th – Jun 13th
- The Summer Wednesday Evening League runs from Jun 28th – Aug 16th
- The Summer Thursday Evening League runs from Jun 29th – Aug 17th
- The Summer Tuesday Daytime League runs from Jun 27th – Aug 15th
- The Fall Wednesday Evening League runs from Aug 30th – Oct 18th
- The Fall Thursday Evening League runs from Aug 31st – Oct 19th
- The Fall Sunday Evening League runs from Aug 27th – Oct 22nd
- The Fall Tuesday Daytime League runs from Aug 29th – Oct 17th
Team doubles matches are scheduled each week for 8 to 10 consecutive weeks during each season. A match consists of 14 doubles games or one hour whichever comes first. A single point will be credited to your team for each game won and will be accumulated towards a seasonal team score. Prizes will be given out to the members of the winning team at the conclusion of each league. Participants should expect to play at least 4 or 5 of their team’s matches.
Players shall self-rate themselves using the Tennis Canada rating system based on their Serve and Backhand ability. Please be realistic about your level.
Joining a team is a commitment as your House League peers expect you to be present at scheduled matches or find a substitute for yourself from the list of players not assigned to a team. If you require a spare to take your place please use this form to submit a spare request.
To get the weekly results, as well as information and links to registration, see the House League topic on our member forums.