Wanless Tennis House League 2018
Wanless Tennis offers co-ed doubles House Leagues throughout the season. Wednesday, Sunday and Thursday Evening House Leagues will be held in the spring, summer and fall. Daytime House League is held Tuesday afternoons in the spring and fall.
House League playing hours will be as follows:
- Wednesday Evening – 7 PM to 8 PM (2.0 – 3.0), 8 PM to 9 PM (3.5-4.0), 9 PM to 10 PM (4.0+)
- Sunday Evening – 7 PM to 8 PM (3.5-4.0), 8 PM to 9 PM (4.0+)
- Tuesday Daytime – 1 PM to 2 PM (2.0-3.0), 2 PM to 3 PM (3.5+)
The schedule for 2018 is as follows:
- The Spring Wednesday Evening League runs from April 18 – June 20
- The Spring Sunday Evening League runs from April 15 – June 17
- The Spring Tuesday Daytime League runs from April 24 – June 19
- The Summer Wednesday Evening League runs from July 4 – August 29
- The Summer Tuesday Daytime League runs from July 3 – August 28
- The Summer Sunday Evening League runs from July 8 – August 26
- The Fall House League dates will be announced at a later date.
Team doubles matches are scheduled each week for 8 to 10 consecutive weeks during each season. A match consists of 14 doubles games or one hour whichever comes first. A single point will be credited to your team for each game won and will be accumulated towards a seasonal team score. Prizes will be given out to the members of the winning team at the conclusion of each league. Participants should expect to play at least 4 or 5 of their team’s matches.
Players shall self-rate themselves using the Tennis Canada rating system based on their Serve and Backhand ability. Please be realistic about your level.
Joining a team is a commitment as your House League peers expect you to be present at scheduled matches or find a substitute for yourself from the list of players not assigned to a team. If you require a spare to take your place please use this form to submit a spare request.
To get the weekly results, as well as information and links to registration, see the House League topic on our member forums.