Court Booking Rules and Regulations
The majority of members make great use of the Gametime court booking system. The courts are booked very consistently. Since the system makes it so easy for people to reserve courts the executive has decided that available court time needs to be treated as an important commodity. Please review the following rules to ensure you comply with club policies and ensure fair use of the courts for all members.
- There will be 2 different booking time zones:
- Daytime includes Monday to Friday from 8 AM to 4 PM.
- Evenings and Week-ends include Monday to Friday from 4 PM to 11 PM and all day Saturday and Sunday (with exception of public hours).
- Members are able to book 2-hour court time during Daytime and 1 hour-only court time during Evenings and Week-ends.
- Members can reserve courts up to 6 days in advance. For instance on Monday you can book up until the end of the following Sunday (Monday starts with the first booking of the day at 8 AM).
- Members can only have a maximum of 2 bookings within this rolling 1 week period (regardless of whether a booking is a 2-hour or 1-hour booking).
- Upon arrival at the court, Members may do an additional booking should there be court availability and should it fit into their maximum rolling 7-day quota. This additional booking can be done by the court monitor.
- When booking a court after a scheduled team match, the completion of the team match has priority over your scheduled booking time. Because it is a league rule that all matches must be completed, there is a chance that you have to wait for completion of the match before you can take the court. Members will be notified of this potential when they book a court where this rule applies.
- Wanless has two ball machines for use by its membership. The rental fee for a ball machine is $10 + HST. Ball machines can only be booked during hours when there is a clubhouse monitor on duty and must be used on courts 1 and 2.
- Mondays to Thursdays 5:15 PM – 9:15 PM
- Fridays 5:15 PM – 8:15 PM
- Saturdays, Sundays & Holidays 8:00 AM – 8:15 PM
If a member wishes to rent the ball machine and courts 1 and 2 are already booked for regular play but courts 3, 4 or 5 are available, the club monitor will be able to re-assign courts accordingly to allow for ball machine play on courts 1 and 2. Please contact the clubhouse for this to be done.
- Please be considerate of our neighbours. The courts should not be used prior to 8 AM.
- There is a limit of 2 guests per month per member.
- Public Hours are Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening from 9 PM to 11 PM. Courts should change on the half hour. Members who have booked a court from 8 PM to 9 PM do not have first right on that court, they should leave if someone is waiting and can get in line for the next half hour changeover.
Wanless also provides additional public hours from 8 AM to 10 AM on the following holiday Mondays:
- Victoria Day (May 21)
- Ontario Civic Day (August 6)
- Labour Day (September 3)
- Thanksgiving (October 8)
- There will always be a minimum of 2 bookable courts available at all times, with the exception of House Leagues, Saturday Morning Fun, the Junior Lesson Program priority times, Team matches and practices, Socials and perhaps some other exceptions.
Failure to cancel your session will result in an immediate 7 day suspension. If you are suspended you will receive an email notifying you of the suspension. During this period you will not be able to log into the system and your name will not be available to be booked by the clubhouse or any other member. See this page for instructions on deleting your reservation.
Never book courts using another member name. Do not attempt to play as a guest of another member. Do not attempt to misuse the system in any other way to circumvent the booking policies. Members found contravening these rules will be penalized with a series of escalating suspensions ultimately resulting in possible revocation of your membership.