Wanless Tennis General Rules and Regulations
- Member Identification: During clubhouse hours, club monitors will check all players on courts.
- Non-Member and Guest Fees: Non-members’ fee is $20.00 + HST per person per day for available court time during members’ hours. Guest fee is $10.00 + HST per person per day with a member. Fees are payable to the Court Monitor before playing. Non-members may not reserve court times.
- Booking of Courts: You can reserve a court online or in person at the clubhouse. Please read this page for the detailed rules regarding booking of court time.
- Ball Machine Usage: Wanless has two ball machines for the use by its membership. They can only be booked during hours when there is a Clubhouse Monitor on duty and must be used on courts 1 and 2. The rental fee for a ball machine is $15.00 + HST. If a member wishes to rent the ball machine and courts 1 and 2 are already booked for regular play but courts 3, 4 or 5 are available, the Club Monitor will be able to re-assign courts accordingly to allow for ball machine play on courts 1 and 2. Please contact the Clubhouse for this to be done.
- Lessons: Lessons are only to be conducted by professionals covered under the club’s liability insurance policy.
- Net Dividers: The divider nets are for the sole use of the teaching professionals.
- Dress Code: Proper non-marking court shoes and approved tennis clothing must be worn. Shirts must be worn at all times.
- Etiquette: Please wait until play is finished before walking across a court to get to your court. Use maximum 3 balls for play unless in a lesson. Be prompt in sending back any stray tennis balls from adjacent courts. Do not leave empty tins, tin tops, plastic waste or other refuse on the courts. Finish on time and please close the gate when entering and leaving.
- Code of Conduct: We are a family tennis club, made up of a roughly 50/50 split of adults and children. We have a strong junior membership and want both adults and juniors to coexist as we believe each learns from each other. Further to this mandate:
- Swearing on the courts is not allowed.
- Throwing rackets is not allowed.
- Loud outbursts demeaning individuals are not allowed.
- Loud arguing about points of the game is not allowed
The penalties for infractions: first a warning, second a removal from the court, third a withdrawal from the membership roster.
Hours of Operation
Our permit hours of operation when the courts are available to members are as follows:
- Mondays to Fridays: 8:00 AM – 11:00 PM
- Saturdays & Sundays: 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Holidays (see below): 10:00 AM – 11:00 PM
Public Hours, when courts are available to non-members are as follows:
- Saturdays & Sundays: 8:00 PM – 11:00 PM
- Holidays (see below): 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM
With respect to hours of operation, Holidays refer to the following days:
- Friday April 2, 2021 (Good Friday)
- Monday May 24, 2021 (Victoria Day)
- Thursday July 1, 2021 (Canada Day)
- Monday August 2, 2021 (Civic Holiday)
- Monday September 6, 2021 (Labour Day)
- Monday October 11, 2021 (Thanksgiving)
City of Toronto, Tennis Policy
A PDF file of the city of Toronto’s draft policies (a work in progress) regarding tennis clubs can be downloaded from here