Wanless Tennis General Rules and Regulations
- Member Identification: During clubhouse hours, club monitors will check all players on courts.
- Non-Member and Guest Fees: Non-members’ fee is $20.00 + HST per person per day for available court time during members’ hours. Guest fee is $10.00 + HST per person per day with a member. Fees are payable to the Court Monitor before playing. Non-members may not reserve court times.
- Booking of Courts: You can reserve a court online or in person at the clubhouse. Please read this page for the detailed rules regarding booking of court time.
- Ball Machine Usage: Wanless has two ball machines for the use by its membership. They can only be booked during hours when there is a Clubhouse Monitor on duty and must be used on courts 1 and 2. The rental fee for a ball machine is $15.00 + HST. If a member wishes to rent the ball machine and courts 1 and 2 are already booked for regular play but courts 3, 4 or 5 are available, the Club Monitor will be able to re-assign courts accordingly to allow for ball machine play on courts 1 and 2. Please contact the Clubhouse for this to be done.
- Lessons: Lessons are only to be conducted by professionals covered under the club’s liability insurance policy.
- Net Dividers: The divider nets are for the sole use of the teaching professionals.
- Dress Code: Proper non-marking court shoes and approved tennis clothing must be worn. Shirts must be worn at all times.
- Etiquette: Please wait until play is finished before walking across a court to get to your court. Use maximum 3 balls for play unless in a lesson. Be prompt in sending back any stray tennis balls from adjacent courts. Do not leave empty tins, tin tops, plastic waste or other refuse on the courts. Finish on time and please close the gate when entering and leaving.
- Code of Conduct: We are a family tennis club, made up of a roughly 50/50 split of adults and children. We have a strong junior membership and want both adults and juniors to coexist as we believe each learns from each other. Further to this mandate:
- Swearing on the courts is not allowed
- Throwing rackets is not allowed
- Loud outbursts demeaning individuals are not allowed
- Loud arguing about points of the game is not allowed
The penalties for infractions: first a warning, second a removal from the court, third a withdrawal from the membership roster.
Any members who have concerns regarding the behaviour of another member or of Wanless Park staff, an incident that took place on the courts, or a member contravening the above Rules and Regulations, may submit a complaint to the board of Wanless Tennis using the following form. Any complaint should be made as soon as possible after the incident while the details are still fresh in their mind, and should include the following information:
- The name, phone number, email address of the member making the complaint
- The date and time of incident
- The names of any witnesses
- The name(s) of the offender(s)
- Full details of the incident including what led up to the incident, who was involved, and the outcome
The Wanless Tennis Board of Directors will investigate the complaint and determine what actions are appropriate by using the City of Toronto Parks, Forestry & Recreation Suspension and Ban Policy as a framework for unacceptable behavior to determine whether warnings, suspensions, or bans are warranted.
Members are encouraged to provide feedback to the board by sending an e-mail to any member of the Wanless Tennis Board of Directors. Links for each board member are listed under the “Contacts” menu at the top or “Board Members” at the bottom of every page of the Wanless Tennis website.
Hours of Operation
Our hours of operation can be found here.
City of Toronto, Tennis Policy
A PDF file of the city of Toronto’s draft policies (a work in progress) regarding tennis clubs can be downloaded from here