Wanless Tennis Junior Summer Camps
Wanless Tennis Summer Camps, one of North Toronto’s most popular programs, are designed for juniors from 5 to 15 years of age. Get your kids involved in a fun and healthy summer activity. Wanless Tennis Summer Camps are a great way to improve tennis skills, instill confidence and independence, and develop new friendships.
New this season
- Attendees must be at least 5 years old at the time of the Camp. If your child is 4, special permission may be granted if they turn 5 in 2024.
- Multi-Sport Component. While this is a tennis camp we will use part of the time, especially the warm up, to break up the day, by exploring other games like baseball, soccer, basketball, etc., to further develop fundamental movement and physical literacy skills which are transferable to tennis in fun and engaging ways! The better the athlete, the better the tennis player.
- Registration for camp will be done by age and level.
- Half-day morning Camps activities begin at 9 AM. Pick-ups are at 12 PM.
- Half-day afternoon Camps activities begin at 1 PM. Pick-ups are at 4 PM.
- Now available: Full-day camp option with lunchtime supervision (12-1 PM); simply buy both the AM/PM option for your child in the same week.
Please ensure your child is wearing tennis-appropriate clothing, shoes, cap and sunscreen daily. All juniors should bring a water bottle and nut free snack. Spaces are limited.
Daily agenda includes:
- 30 minute multi-sport component. Becoming better athletes by engaging in other sports, focusing on skills transferable to tennis.
- 1 hour focusing on the fundamentals of tennis working on technical foundations.
- 1.5 hr hour game situations and drills, working cooperatively towards the ability to rally and engage in point play. Coach will set up various fun games to engage the kids!
- Quick breaks will be taken throughout the session as needed for hydration and rest based on the discretion of the coach.
You must be a member to register in our camps. Junior Memberships are always available.
Camps are 5 days, except Camp 3 and Camp 8 are only 4 days.
If the programming you are interested in is not offered or is sold out please fill out this form so that we can gauge interest and adjust capacities for future programming. Court permitting we will look into creating availability as soon as possible but it is not guaranteed and you will be contacted by the head pro if availability for the program changes.
Doug Philpott Children’s Tennis Fund
The Doug Philpott Children’s Tennis Fund is a charitable organization that teaches tennis and life skills to inner-city youth. Consider donating to help their worthwhile cause. $25 can send a child to camp for a week. You can add a $25 donation by going to our website.