Tennis Links on the Internet
We’ve collected a bunch of links around the internet that we hope you will find usefull. If you have any websites that you think would be useful to our members, please send them to us.
- Wanless is a member of The Ontario Tennis Association. As the recognized leader of tennis in Ontario, the OTA encourages participation in a healthy lifestyle, and promotes the pursuit of excellence for all players.
- Tennis Toronto is the regional organization that acts as a conduit, providing a communication link between its 40 member clubs and the OTA. Tennis Toronto also provides programs such as the Toronto Junior Doubles League.
- The Doug Philpott Children’s Tennis Fund is a charitable organization that teaches tennis and life skills to inner-city youth. Consider donating to help their worthwhile cause. $25 can send a child to camp for a week. You can make a donation in various amounts through our on-line store.
- Tennis Lessons and Instruction in Toronto is a collection of available programs throughout the GTA in case you can’t find something to suit your needs at Wanless.
Local Area Tennis Clubs
Some other area clubs that you might consider. With the pressure on memberships in recent years some of these clubs may still have room for you if you’re looking to join a club.
- Moore Park Tennis Club is located at Moore Avenue and Bayview Road.
- Thorncliffe Park Tennis Club is located just off of Overlea Blvd.
- North Toronto Tennis Club is alongside Avenue Road just south of Havergal.
- The Valley Tennis Club is located near Yonge Street just south of Wilson Avenue.
- Lawrence Park Tennis Club is located in the park just south of Yonge and Lawrence.
- Davisville Tennis Club is on Mt. Pleasant just north of Davisville.
- Leaside Tennis Club is just west of Laird Blvd in Trace Manes Park.
Tennis and Healthy Living Sites
- The 10 and Under Tennis website contains a lot of good information on new strategies for teaching tennis to children.
- The Toronto Tennis Scene as collected by Curlie, the successor to The Open Directory Project at DMOZ.
- Cardio Tennis is a great way to get fit with tennis. Wanless Tennis is an official Cardio Tennis site.
- The Babble Out has some tennis related arcticles you might find informative.
- The Toronto Sports Council is recognized by Toronto City Council as the “Voice for Sport” in Toronto.
- Oncourt Offcourt has an informative site to promote fitness and prevent childhood obesity.
- I Love Tennis has a find a partner feature and other services for the Toronto tennis community.
- Tennis.com News, Tips and more.
- Sports Fitness Advisor is chock full of training ideas.
- Tennis Discussion Forums at Tennis Warehouse
- The Tennis Server for tennis on the internet.
- Tennis Drills HQ offers tennis drills and game based training scenario’s that will help players of all levels and abilities reach their peak.
- Our friends and neighbours at Fairlawn Physiotherapy are committed to providing the highest quality patient centered care in a warm and nurturing environment.
- Ottway Herbs & Vitamins at 3188 Yonge Street pride themselves on a broad line of in-stock products, both for retail and professional customers.
- The Canadian Tennis Association
- The Rexall Centre
- The Tennis Professionals Association of Canada
- The International Tennis Federation
- The United States Tennis Association
- The US Professional Tennis Association
- The Men’s Professional Tour
- The Sony Ericsonn WTA Tour
- The International Tennis Hall of Fame
- The United States Open
- The All-England Lawn Tennis & Croquet Club
- The French Open
- The Australian Open
- The Davis Cup
Local Tennis Retailers
- The Merchant of Tennis
- Sport Chek believes you have what it takes to achieve your better. Your better starts here.
- Sporting Life