2020 Annual Junior Club Tournament
The Wanless Board is following the City of Toronto’s protocols to aid in helping to keep our members, staff, and community safe and healthy when using our facility. The following activities are temporarily suspended and will be potentially adjusted throughout the season as new tennis protocols are released from the City:
- Junior and Adult Team activities
- Social Events
2020 Junior Tournament Information, Rules and Regulations
- The Annual Junior Club Tournament will take place on the weekend of September 26 & 27. Awards will be presented at the AGM.
- Players must sign up before the end of the day on September 17 online (see LINK below). You will receive a schedule of play by September 22 with the dates and times for your category.
- NOTE: We will not be accepting entries by phone or by email and we will not be responding to them.
- The Junior Club Tournament will consist of the following categories (subject to number of entries and Tournament Manager’s discretion). Age as of January 1, 2020.
|Singles Under 16|| |
|Singles Under 14|| |
|Singles Under 12|| |
- The draw sheets for all events will be maintained on the website. Players MUST be available to play for the entire weekend.
- The approximate playing times will be on the Draw sheets and communicated by the clubhouse. A match will be forfeited if a player is not present.
- Expect to play more than one match. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your start times.
- The Tournament Manager will assign the match to a court. Please report the outcome of the match to the Tournament Manager promptly upon completion so that the next match may be assigned to that court.
- Warm up will be a maximum of 5 minutes. Initially, all matches will be Pro 8 (first to win 8 games) with a 7-point tiebreaker at 7-7 or 55 minutes of play, whichever comes first. Switch sides on odd total games. In the event of a weather interruption, play must start from the last point played.
- Final matches for Under 16 events will be best 2 out of 3 sets with a 7-point tiebreaker at 6-6.
- No coaching or outside interference is allowed once the match has begun. If this occurs, the non-coached player has the right to immediately take the game (current game only) as his/her game.
- Each participant will need to bring a can of balls to their match and the winner will receive the unopened can. Balls will be provided for semi-finals and final only.
- Please call lines fairly and give the benefit of doubt to your opponent. Please follow the Tennis Canada’s “Rules of the Court”. The Tournament Manager will make a decision in the case of a disagreement.
- As per the City of Toronto Guidelines and COVID-19 protocols, we ask that any spectators stay a minimum of six metres away from the court fencing and adhere to the two-metre (six feet) social distancing rules; wear cloth masks if social distancing is difficult to maintain. Upon completing their respective matches, we also ask tournament players to move away from the courts and observe social distancing rules.
- Players need to hand sanitize upon entry and exit from the courts and MUST have completed the Wanless COVID-19 Waiver Form in order to play.
ENJOY THE TOURNAMENT!!!
If you have any questions, contact the clubhouse at 416.483.4546 or send an email to Arthur Wolf.