Annual Junior Club Tournament
2019 Junior Tournament Information, Rules and Regulations
- The Annual Junior Club Tournament will begin on the weekend of September 6 – 8 and will end by Saturday, September 14. Awards will be presented at the AGM and BBQ.
- Tournament registration will be available via the website later in the season
- NOTE: We will not be accepting entries by phone or by email and we will not be responding to them.
- Players must sign up before the end of the day on Thursday, August 15 so that all event draws can be created and posted in the clubhouse by Thursday, August 29.
- The Junior Club Tournament will consist of the following categories (subject to number of entries and Tournament Manager’s discretion). Age as of January 1, 2019.
|Singles Under 16|| |
|Singles Under 14|| |
|Singles Under 12|| |
- The draw sheets for all events will be maintained on the website. Players must be available for first round matches.
- The tournament will commence at 6 PM Friday, September 6. Times will be on the Draw sheets and communicated by the clubhouse. A match will be forfeited if a player is not present. Expect to play more than one match.
- The Tournament Manager will assign the match to a court. Please report the outcome of the match to the Tournament Manager promptly upon completion so that the next match may be assigned to that court. As was done last year, all reasonable attempts will be made to accommodate an individual’s schedule for finals.
- Warm up will be a maximum of 10 minutes. Initially, all matches will be Pro 8 (first to win 8 games) with a 7-point tiebreaker at 7-7 or one hour, whichever comes first. Switch sides on odd total games. In the event of a weather interruption, play must start from the last point played.
- Semi-final and final matches will be best 2 out of 3 sets with a 7-point tiebreaker at 6-6.
- No coaching or outside interference is allowed once the match has begun. If this occurs, the non-coached player has the right to immediately take the game (current game only) as his/her game.
- Each participant will need to bring a can of balls to their match and the winner will receive the unopened can. Balls will be provided for semi-finals and final only.
- Please call lines fairly and give the benefit of doubt to your opponent. Please follow the Tennis Canada’s “Rules of the Court”. The Tournament Manager will make a decision in the case of a disagreement.
ENJOY THE TOURNAMENT!!!
Registration will be available at a later date.