2021 Annual Junior Club Tournament
Wanless Park Tennis Club will follow the City of Toronto’s protocols in order to help keep our members, staff, and community safe and healthy when using our facility. We are hoping that any protocols in place for the 2021 season will allow us to once again offer our popular Junior Tournament to our members.
What’s New for 2021
The only change is the addition of an under 12 Doubles Division for the Tournament.
2021 Junior Tournament Information, Rules and Regulations
- The Annual Junior Club Tournament will take place on the weekend of September 25 & 26. Awards will be presented at the AGM.
- Players must sign up online before the end of the day on September 16. You will receive a schedule of play by September 22 with the dates and times for your category.
- NOTE: We will not be accepting entries by phone or by email and we will not be responding to them.
- The Junior Club Tournament will consist of the categories below (subject to number of entries and Tournament Manager’s discretion).
- Entrants must be under the Age Category as of January 1, 2021. Example: If Jill was 16 on January 1, 2021 she can play in the Under 16 event even if she is 17 at the time of the Tournament.
|Singles Under 16|| |
|Singles Under 14|| |
|Singles Under 12|| |
|Doubles (Under 12)|| |
|Doubles (Under 16)|| |
- The draw sheets for all events will be maintained on the website. Players MUST be available to play for the entire weekend.
- The approximate playing times will be on the Draw sheets and communicated by the Clubhouse. A match will be forfeited if a player is not present 5 minutes after the assigned start time.
- Expect to play more than one match. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your start times.
- Matches will be pre-scheduled, however the Tournament Manager may choose to re-assign matches. This should allow us to complete the Tournament in a timely fashion. Please report scores to the Clubhouse promptly upon completion.
- Warm up will be a maximum of 5 minutes. Initially, all matches will be Pro 8 (first to win 8 games) with a 7-point tiebreaker at 7-7 or 55 minutes of play, whichever comes first. Switch sides on odd total games. In the event of a weather interruption, play must start from the last point played.
- Final matches for Under 16 events will be best 2 out of 3 sets with a 7-point tiebreaker at 6-6.
- No coaching or outside interference is allowed once the match has begun. If this occurs, the non-coached player has the right to immediately take the game (current game only) as his/her game.
- Each participant will need to bring a can of balls to their match and the winner will receive the unopened can. Balls will be provided for semi-finals and final only.
- Please call lines fairly and give the benefit of doubt to your opponent. Please follow the Tennis Canada’s “Rules of the Court”. The Tournament Manager will make a decision in the case of a disagreement.
- As per the City of Toronto Guidelines and COVID-19 protocols, we ask that any spectators stay a minimum of six metres away from the court fencing and adhere to the two-metre (six feet) social distancing rules; wear cloth masks if social distancing is difficult to maintain. Upon completing their respective matches, we also ask tournament players to move away from the courts and observe physical distancing rules.
- Players need to hand sanitize upon entry and exit from the courts and MUST have completed the Wanless COVID-19 Waiver Form in order to play.
ENJOY THE TOURNAMENT!!!
If you have any questions, contact the clubhouse at 416.483.4546 or send an email to Arthur Wolf.