2020 Annual Junior Club Tournament
2020 Junior Tournament Information, Rules and Regulations
- The Annual Junior Club Tournament will begin on the weekend of September 12-13, with final matches to be completed by Oct 4. Awards will be presented at the AGM and BBQ.
- Players must sign up before the end of the day on Sept 7 online (see link below). You will receive a schedule of play by Sep 10 with the dates and times for your category.
- NOTE: We will not be accepting entries by phone or by email and we will not be responding to them.
- The Junior Club Tournament will consist of the following categories (subject to number of entries and Tournament Manager’s discretion). Age as of January 1, 2020.
|Category ||Eligibility |
|Singles Under 16 || |
- Boys 16 or under as of Jan 1 2020
- Girls 16 or under as of Jan 1 2020
|Singles Under 14 || |
- Boys 14 or under as of Jan 1 2020
- Girls 14 or under as of Jan 1 2020
|Singles Under 12 || |
- Boys 12 or under as of Jan 1 2020
- Girls 12 or under as of Jan 1 2020
|Doubles || |
- Boys and girls, 16 or under as of Jan 1 2020
|Novice || |
- Boys and girls who play ¾ court tennis with orange balls
- The draw sheets for all events will be maintained on the website. Players must be available for first round matches.
- The tournament will commence on Sat Sept 12. Times will be on the Draw sheets and communicated by the clubhouse. A match will be forfeited if a player is not present. Expect to play more than one match.
- The Tournament Manager will assign the match to a court. Please report the outcome of the match to the Tournament Manager promptly upon completion so that the next match may be assigned to that court. As was done last year, all reasonable attempts will be made to accommodate an individual’s schedule for finals.
- Warm up will be a maximum of 10 minutes. Initially, all matches will be Pro 8 (first to win 8 games) with a 7-point tiebreaker at 7-7 or one hour, whichever comes first. Switch sides on odd total games. In the event of a weather interruption, play must start from the last point played.
- Semi-final and final matches will be best 2 out of 3 sets with a 7-point tiebreaker at 6-6.
- No coaching or outside interference is allowed once the match has begun. If this occurs, the non-coached player has the right to immediately take the game (current game only) as his/her game.
- Each participant will need to bring a can of balls to their match and the winner will receive the unopened can. Balls will be provided for semi-finals and final only.
- Please call lines fairly and give the benefit of doubt to your opponent. Please follow the Tennis Canada’s “Rules of the Court”. The Tournament Manager will make a decision in the case of a disagreement.
ENJOY THE TOURNAMENT!!!
If you have any questions, contact the clubhouse at 416.483.4546 or send an email to Arthur Wolf, or Steve Duchen.
Registration will be available at a later date.