Annual Junior Club Tournament
2017 Junior Tournament Information, Rules and Regulations
- The Annual Junior Club Tournament will begin on the weekend of September 8 and will end by Finals Day Saturday, September 16. Awards will be presented at the AGM and BBQ.
- Tournament sign up is available via the Wanless Tennis Club website using the Tournament Registration Form. Entry and game arrangements can be made at the clubhouse with assistance of an attendant. NOTE: Entries by telephone or e-mail will not be accepted, nor will they be responded to.
- Players must sign up before the end of the day on Thursday, August 31 so that all event draws can be created and posted in the clubhouse by 9 PM on September 3.
- The Junior Club Tournament will consist of the following events (subject to number of entries and Tournament Manager’s discretion). Age as of January 1, 2017.
- Under 16
- Boys under 16
- Girls under 16
- Under 14
- Boys under 14
- Girls under 14
- Under 12
- Boys under 12
- Girls under 12
- Doubles – Boys and Girls
- Novice – ¾ court tennis with orange balls
- The draw sheets for all events will be maintained on the website. Players must be available for first round matches.
- The tournament will commence at 6 PM Friday, September 8. Times will be on the Draw sheets and communicated by the clubhouse. A match will be forfeited if a player is not present. Expect to play more than one match.
All participants must be available for first round matches as follows:
- U16 and U14 singles matches: Friday, September 8 from 6 – 9 PM
- U12 and Novice matches: Saturday, September 9 from 8 AM – 1 PM
- Junior Doubles matches: Sunday, September 10 from noon – 5 PM
- Finals matches: Saturday, September 16 from 8 AM – noon
- The Tournament Manager will assign the match to a court. Report the outcome of the match to the Tournament Manager promptly upon completion so that the next match may be assigned to that court.
- Warm up will be a maximum of 10 minutes. Initially, all matches will be Pro 8 (first to win 8 games) with a 7 point tiebreaker at 7-7 or one hour, whichever comes first. Switch sides on odd total games. In the event of a weather interruption, play must start from the last point played. Semi-final and final matches will be best 2 out of 3 sets with a 7 point tiebreaker at 6-6.
- No coaching or outside interference is allowed once the match has begun. If this occurs, the non-coached player has the right to immediately take the game (current game only) as his/her game.
- Each participant will bring a can of balls to their match and the winner will receive the unopened can. Balls will be provided for semi-finals and final only.
- Please call lines fairly and give the benefit of doubt to your opponent. Rules shall follow Tennis Canada’s “Rules of the Court”. The Tournament Manager’s decision is binding in case of any controversy.
ENJOY THE TOURNAMENT!!!
If you have any questions, contact the clubhouse at 416.483.4546 or send an email to Arthur Wolf.