2022 Annual Junior Club Tournament
2023 information is not yet available, please check back.
2022 Junior Tournament Information, Rules and Regulations
- The Annual Junior Club Tournament will take place on the weekend of September 24 and 25, with finals to be played on October 1 (with the Adult Club Tournament finals). Players must be available to play for the entire weekend as well as October 1. Exceptions can be made in certain circumstances.
- Players must sign up online before the end of the day on September 21. You will receive a schedule of play by September 23 with the dates and times for your category.
- NOTE: We will not be accepting entries by phone or by email and we will not be responding to them.
- The Junior Club Tournament will consist of the categories below (subject to number of entries and Tournament Manager’s discretion).
- Entrants must be under the Age Category as of January 1, 2022. Example: If Jill was 16 on January 1, 2022 she can play in the Under 16 event even if she is 17 at the time of the Tournament.
|Singles Under 16||
|Singles Under 14||
|Singles Under 12||
|Doubles (Under 12)||
|Doubles (Under 16)||
- The draw sheets for all events will be maintained on the website. Players MUST be available to play for the entire weekend.
- The approximate playing times will be on the Draw sheets and communicated by the Clubhouse. A match will be forfeited if a player is not present 5 minutes after the assigned start time.
- Expect to play more than one match. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your start times.
- Matches will be pre-scheduled, however the Tournament Manager may choose to re-assign matches. This should allow us to complete the Tournament in a timely fashion. Please report scores to the Clubhouse promptly upon completion.
- Warm up will be a maximum of 5 minutes. Initially, all matches will be Pro 8 (first to win 8 games) with a 7-point tiebreaker at 7-7 or 55 minutes of play, whichever comes first. Switch sides on odd total games. In the event of a weather interruption, play must start from the last point played.
- Final matches for Under 16 events will be best 2 out of 3 sets with a 7-point tiebreaker at 6-6.
- No coaching or outside interference is allowed once the match has begun. If this occurs, the non-coached player has the right to immediately take the game (current game only) as his/her game.
- Each participant will need to bring a can of balls to their match and the winner will receive the unopened can. Balls will be provided for semi-finals and final only.
- Please call lines fairly and give the benefit of doubt to your opponent. Please follow the Tennis Canada’s “Rules of the Court”. The Tournament Manager will make a decision in the case of a disagreement.
Registration closes on September 21 at 11:59 PM
ENJOY THE TOURNAMENT!!!
If you have any questions, contact the clubhouse at 416.483.4546 or send an email to Griffin Brockman.