Welcome to Wanless Park Tennis
Wanless Park Tennis is a friendly, community tennis club located near Yonge and Lawrence. Five outdoor hardcourts with lights, clubhouse, certified pros and instructors, ball machines, junior lesson programs, summer camps, adult clinics, house leagues, club teams, tournaments, and social events in a relaxed friendly atmosphere. Wanless Park Tennis is North Toronto’s home of family tennis.
Wanless Park Tennis is a seasonal club that runs from April to the end of October. Our club is a member of the Ontario Tennis Association and Tennis Toronto, and has twice been awarded the OTA’s Outstanding Club Achievement Award.
If you need any information about any of our programs, please email us for assistance, or contact the clubhouse at 416.483.4546
Congratulations to the Survey Prize Draw winners! First prize of a lesson program package goes to Peter Farrell. Second prize of 2 racquet stringings was awarded to Dorothy Carson, and third prize of a $75 gift card at Merchant of Tennis or Sporting Life went to Shirley Margolis.
Some upcoming events of note:
- Winter Social dates, Nov 25, Jan 13, Feb 24 and Mar 24. Watch your email for our upcoming Winter Social Events.
- Gametime profiles are available to be setup. See this page for instructions.
- The events calendar has been updated with all pertinent dates.
- Opening 2018 BBQ will be held on Saturday April 21
- AGM and Closing 2018 BBQ will be held on Saturday October 13
A calendar with all the club activities can be found on the Events page. For the latest announcements go to the club member forums. For the latest news from the board of directors see the executive blog.
Don’t miss the note below about email subscriptions if you want to be notified of upcoming events.
Wanless Park Tennis uses a secure on-line registration system which accepts payments by credit card, and also utilizes a court booking system from GameTime software. Your store account allows you to purchase memberships and lessons, has your order history, the downloadable club handbook, and your Gametime club number. After you’ve set up your profile, you can log into Gametime and book courts 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Hours of Operation
The clubhouse can be reached during the season at 416.483.4546, and the normal hours of operation are as follows:
- Mondays to Thursdays 5:15 PM – 9:15 PM
- Fridays 5:15 PM – 8:15 PM
- Saturdays, Sundays & Holidays 8:00 AM – 8:15 PM
Our permit hours of operation are as follows:
- Mondays to Thursdays 8:00 AM – 11:00 PM
- Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays 8:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- Holidays 8:00 AM – 11:00 PM (Note below: Some holidays have 8-10 AM public hours)
- Public Non-Member hours are Friday, Saturday and Sunday 9:00 PM – 11:00 PM, and in addition:
- Monday May 21 holiday will have public hours from 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM
- Monday August 6 holiday will have public hours from 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM
- Monday September 3 holiday will have public hours from 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM
- Monday October 8 holiday will have public hours from 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM
Philpott Children’s Tennis Fund
We encourage the community to support the Doug Philpott Inner-City Children’s Tennis Fund. You can do this by purchasing a donation in our on-line store. You will receive a charitable receipt at the end of the year from the Fund.
Since 1991, the Philpott Children’s Tennis Fund has helped introduce Toronto’s inner-city children to tennis. Founded out of a desire to honour the memory of Doug Philpott – one of the great folk heroes of Canadian tennis – the Fund provides free lessons, from qualified coaches and instructors, to kids throughout Toronto’s diverse neighbourhoods. Here, coaches teach not only the basics of the game, but also help participants learn valuable life lessons about discipline, cooperation and self-confidence.
In 2017, Wanless Tennis contributed a total of $2,480 to the Doug Philpott Inner-City Children’s Tennis Fund – $395 of which came from individual members and $2,085 which came from the Ladder proceeds. We are looking to do even better in 2018!