You are receiving this email because you have subscribed to the Wanless Tennis broadcast email list. If you do not want to receive these emails from Wanless Tennis, click “unsubscribe” at the bottom of this email.
May News - Adults
Check out the on-going & new programs for Adults
- Instruction Update
- French Open Social - June 10 from Noon to 2 PM
- Consider a donation to the Philpott Children’s Tennis Fund
- Reminders - On-Going Programs
Upcoming Adult Clinics - Spaces Available
Our next round of Adult Lesson Programming begins May 23. Important note, changes have been made to accommodate clinic demands. Details can be found on our website. Come on out have some fun with our instruction staff while learning proper technique, new skills and injury prevention. No matter your skill level, you will have fun, meet some new people, and improve your game. Space is limited - register now.
Non-members are welcome in adult clinics if there are still spots available within 10 days of a clinic’s start date. Non-members are considered guests of the club and will pay an additional $25.00 fee per clinic (one time fee for all sessions). See website for details.
Save the date - French Open Social June 10
Save the date for our next Social following the Women’s Final of the 2023 French Open on Saturday June 10 from Noon to 2 PM. This is a great opportunity to get into the swing of summer, meet other players, as well as our Pros and some of the Instructional Staff. Scores and on court dialogue en français seulement (how do you say deuce in French)?
We hope you will mark your calendar and join us.
Donate to Philpott Children’s Tennis Fund
We encourage the community to support the Doug Philpott Inner-City Children’s Tennis Fund. You can do this by purchasing a donation in our on-line store. You will receive a charitable receipt at the end of the year from the Fund.
Since 1991, the Philpott Children’s Tennis Fund has helped introduce Toronto’s inner-city children to tennis. Founded out of a desire to honour the memory of Doug Philpott – one of the great folk heroes of Canadian tennis – the Fund provides free lessons, from qualified coaches and instructors, to kids throughout Toronto’s diverse neighbourhoods. For more information, see our website.
On-going Programs & Activities
- Friday Live Ball is on-going (sign up required)
- The Friday night adult drop in program is on Court 5 at 7 and 8 PM for round robin play. No sign up required - just show up!
- Thursday Adult Drop-in has resumed this season with fantastic participation levels. Drop by 10 AM to 12 PM on courts 4 and 5.
- House leagues started last week on Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday evening with great registration levels. It’s wonderful seeing so many new players alongside our regulars.
- Adult ladders start up this week and will be shuffled every 4 or 6 weeks. We run men’s singles, women’s singles and mixed doubles. You can join a ladder when it is next shuffled. Men's and women's ladders will be shuffled on June 15, mixed doubles' ladder on July 1. Please note there are currently only a few women registered in the ladies ladder - if you love hitting singles, please join the ladder.
Did you know?
- GameTime has a Waitlist feature. When viewing the grid of available courts and times, click on Waitlist in the top right corner. Click on “Join the Waitlist” and fill out the form. If a court becomes available, GameTime will automatically reserve the court for you if you have available bookings and send you an email.
- If you want to know what is happening on the courts - login into GameTime.
- All court activities and programs are booked usually two to three weeks in advance, so “poking around” in GameTime is a great way to find out what’s planned in the coming weeks. If you need more information on a program, check out the website or call the clubhouse.
- When you login to GameTime, it opens on the “Dashboard”. All of your upcoming court bookings are listed on the right side of the page. Also look for announcements for upcoming events on the left side of the page.
- GameTime: You must set up your GameTime profile each season using this season’s GameTime ID number assigned to you. Detailed instructions can be found here. Note, once you go through the “First Time User” steps, you can choose to re-use your login and password from previous years.
- Please cancel your booking if you are unable to play. Failure to show up for your booked court time will result in your booking privileges being suspended for 7 days.
- There are garbage cans on every court - please use them for the silver metal tennis ball lids and other garbage found on court.
- All payments for ball machine rentals, guest fees, Live Ball, tennis balls, etc., must be paid by credit or debit card or tap-enabled device at the Clubhouse 10 minutes prior to the start of your booking.
- All payments for private/semi-private lessons and team coaching sessions are paid directly to the Pro/Instructor by cash or via Interac e-transfer.