Progressive Junior Tennis at Wanless
One of Toronto’s best-known Junior Tennis programs is run by our Head Pro, Arthur Wolf (Tennis Canada – Certified) Coach 2 and Club Pro 3, who will be returning for his 24th season with his team of certified instructors and assistants. At Wanless Tennis we use the principles of Progressive Tennis throughout our lesson programs.
Progressive Tennis at Wanless Park
Progressive tennis simply modifies the size of the court and equipment to acknowledge the size of the participants. We use mini nets, low compression balls and various large targets to start skill building with small children. The Tiny Tykes program is designed for children ages 4 and 5 in the current year. The Tykes program is for children ages 6, 7 and 8 in the current year. Both groups focus on building skills using the ½ court. The more advanced Tykes will progress to the ¾ court. Novice players will focus on ¾ court with low compression balls.
- Tiny Tykes (4-5) – Red Ball. First time out using mini-nets playing ½ court tennis.
- Tykes (6-7) – Red Ball. Little or no experience with tennis.
- Novice – Orange Ball. Player has some experience with tennis playing ¾ court.
- Intermediate – Green Dot Ball. Player needs to be able to rally full court.
- Advanced – Regular Ball. Player must be able to serve, score and direct the ball.
- High Performance – Regular Ball. Children playing competitive tennis (school teams, OTA tournaments or interclub teams) who need to train more than once per week.