You are receiving this email because you have subscribed to the Wanless Tennis broadcast email list. If you do not want to receive these emails from Wanless Tennis, click “unsubscribe” at the bottom of this email.
August Adult News
Reminders: On-going Programs & Activities
- Friday Live Ball & Adult Round Robin and Saturday Junior Match Play are continuing throughout the season. Remember that you need to sign up on the website on a weekly basis and space is limited. Payment is made on court at the time of the session by credit card or tap enabled device.
- Thursday Adult Drop-in is ongoing with great participation levels. Drop by 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM on courts 4 and 5 weekly.
- House leagues are going well with great participation levels on Tuesday afternoons and Wednesday evenings.
- Ladders have been very popular with three ladders running: Men’s Singles, Women’s Singles, and Mixed Doubles. You can be added to the ladder when it is next shuffled. Men's, Women's and Mixed Doubles' Ladders will be shuffled on Aug 15.
The Adult Tournament will start on August 15 and continue until October 1, weather dependent. The registration deadline is August 12 11:59 PM. The tournament will consist of 10 divisions in the following categories and formats (at the discretion of the Tournament Director and based on entries received).
- Men's Singles (A and B levels)
- Women's Singles (A and B levels)
- Men's Doubles (A and B levels)
- Women's Doubles (A and B levels)
- Mixed Doubles (A and B levels)
More details and registration link are available on the tournament webpage.
Adult Match Play
Beginning Saturday, August 20, we will introduce Adult Match Play. This weekly program from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM every Saturday will provide adult members with an opportunity to play competitive points against different opponents in both singles and doubles. On-court coaches will provide feedback to players to help them develop their tactics, shot selections and mental toughness while playing. Take your game to the next competitive level!
Weekly Match Play registration can be found here.
Adult Lesson Programs
There are limited spaces available in our upcoming Adult lessons for August and September.
- Clinic 4A - High paced volume training - Novice-Int - Sundays 6 PM starting Aug 7
- Clinic 4B - High paced volume training - Advanced - Sundays 7 PM starting Aug 7
- Clinic 5A - Low-risk game based tactics - Novice-Int - Sundays 6 PM starting Sep 11
- Clinic 5B - Serve & return technique - Int - Sundays 7 PM starting Sep 11
- Clinic 5C - Advanced net play - Advanced - Tuesdays 8 PM starting Sep 6
- Clinic 4A - Technical & Tactical combo - Int - Tue & Thu 9:30 AM starting Sep 6
- Clinic 4B - Tennis basics - Novice-Lo Int - Wednesday 1 PM starting Sep 7
- 3 consecutive day Doubles Clinic to work on proper technique to avoid nagging over-use injuries and to prepare for the indoor season: Aug 30-Sep 1 from 7:30-9 AM Details on the website
OTA Junior Tournament Aug 11-13 at Wanless
Wanless will be hosting a U12 OTA sanctioned tournament from August 11 - August 13. The format of the tournament will be a 2-star transition tour competition with 16 person draws for both boys and girls.
The transition tournament style is meant to be the ’next stage’ of competition beyond ‘Rookie’ tournaments. Players can now obtain official ranking points in a tournament format. Initial rounds will be held Thursday and Friday night from 5 PM to 9 PM, with the semi-finals and finals held on Saturday morning from 9 AM to 12 PM.
This is an exciting opportunity for juniors to start their OTA career. Feel free to swing by to watch some up and coming junior tennis in the community!
Upcoming events - Save the dates
- US Open Adult Social - Saturday September 10
- AGM & Closing BBQ - October 15
- Fall Houseleague will start the week of September 5
Stay tuned for registration details.